Trying to unlock new career opportunities by learning a new language? Not sure what software is best for learning a new language in 2023?
In 2023, there are plenty of high-quality language learning software tools that you can learn to help:
- advance you in your career
- create a more distributed working culture
- learn a new language for fun
Regardless of why you want to learn a new language, there are tons of feature rich language learning software apps that you can use to learn a new language as fast as possible.
In this article, we’ll cover the best language learning apps, that you can start using right now to learn a new language. As you’ll see, there are many language learning software packages to choose from that offer different ways of learning. Regardless of how you learn or what level of learning a new language you’re at, there is an app for everyone.
Most all language learning software is available to purchase through a subscription. This allows you to try as many software packages as you’d like without having to commit to a heavy price tag. You can even combine a couple of the best language learning software tools to create a complete learning experience for how you learn.
This makes language learning software the best tool for learning a new language in 2023. Before we go over this list, let’s talk about what you should be looking for in language learning software.
What to Look for in Language Learning Software
When trying to decide what language learning software and apps to use, there are a few features you’ll want to look for. These features will help learn the language faster and more efficiently.
- Based on real life scenarios. Focusing on grammar and vocabulary are essential for your learning. But you also need to learn expressions that are used in everyday life. This will give you a more rounded learning experience.
- Real time reports. Tracking progress will let you see if you are actually making progress when learning a new language. These reports also help you see the areas that you need to improve.
- Great Speech Recognition. Speaking a new language, it’s crucial when learning. You want the language software you use to consistently and accurately recognize your speech. This will help you learn pronunciation more effectively.
- Adaptability of the course. People learn new languages though different contexts and at different speeds. You want to choose a language learning software that allows you to customize the learning experience to your learning speed and how you learn.
Benefits of Learning a New Language
When trying to decide what money-making apps to use, you’ll want to look for a few features.
The features listed below help give you the most out of the money-making apps:
- Advance your career. Learning a new language gives you a significant competitive advantage as it is a top eight skill for all occupations. Whether you are looking for a new job or trying to move up in your company, learning a new language will greatly benefit you.
- Improved cognitive function. There are many cognitive benefits that can help your brain stay healthy. These include improved memory, enhanced problem solving, and improved listening skills.
- Distributed work culture. If employees at a company learn new languages, the company can create a more distributed work culture. Team members can then become valuable assets to the company in more than one location.
- Connect. One of the most rewarding aspects of learning a new language is connecting with new people. Learning a new language helps you connect with people in their native language on a deeper level.
Now let’s go over the best language learning apps of 2023.
Top 13 Language-Learning Software for 2023
Here are the top language learning software apps that you can use today to learn the language of your choice:
1. Rosetta Stone
Rosetta Stone is one of the most well-known language learning software tools. They’ve been around since 1993 and have a great track record of helping people speak new languages.
What makes Rosetta Stone unique is in how it teaches a new language. Instead of using standard translation exercises, it uses images, text, and sound to teach words and grammar.
- personalized learning plan
- leading speech recognition technology
- online tutoring lessons
- easy to use interface.
There’s a minimum three month subscription required.
Pimsleur is designed for people who want to learn languages on the go. The core of Pimsleur’s learning program are their thirty minute audio lessons. These lessons use conversational learning tools to help you get a quick and well-rounded learning experience.
- programs for 50 languages
- uses scientifically proven teaching methods
- courses for beginner, intermediate, and upper intermediate students
- voice coaching
Pimsleur has a 7 day free trial.
Duolingo is one of the best free language learning software apps on the market. It features over thirty seven languages.
The software uses a gamified experience that makes you want to learn and progress in learning a new language. This best language learning software tool is meant for beginner and intermediate students.
- can test out of lessons
- fun exercises
- personalized learning though AI
- can learn reading, listening, and speaking skills.
Duolingo is free to use, but you can choose a Duolingo Plus that’s got a fourteen day free trial.
Babbel is more geared toward the intermediate language learner. With Babbel you’ll learn concepts, words, and phrases unique to each langauge. There are fourteen different languages you can choose from with Babbel.
- build custom courses
- podcasts available for certain languages
- challenging interactive exercises
- high-quality lessons
You can get Babbel for an inexpensive monthly subscription.
If you need to learn vocabulary for another language fast, this is the software for you. Lingvist has “smart” flash cards that help improve the learning process.
One of Lingvist’s greatest features is its vocabulary analysis tool. It allows you to see the percentage of words that you’ll be able to understand for any text.
- in-depth progress tracker
- comprehensive word lists
- upload your own text to learn vocabulary
- easy to use interface
This best language learning app comes with a fourteen day free trial.
You’ll find over forty five languages in this language learning software. This language learning app focuses on vocabulary of different languages. Other language software tools may be needed for a well-rounded language learning experience. The app is entertaining, user-friendly, and contains words that occur in everyday language.
- minimal design
- diverse vocabulary topics
- engaging language learning activities
- scientifically proven to help learn vocabulary
There’s a free version of Drop, but you can only use it for five minutes every 10 hours.
Included are forty one different languages you can learn. Mondly is best for beginner language learners.
If you’re looking to learn basic words and concepts, this is the app for you. Mondly combines daily lessons, a chat bot, and augmented reality to create the learning environment.
- 50 topics to learn
- 41 real conversations
- quick daily lessons
- grammar features
Mondly has a free version that you can take advantage of.
Memrise is a vocabulary training app that’s got many courses for you to choose from. The courses are filled with thousands of videos of native speakers speaking in their native language.
Memrise uses a mix of technology and science in its lessons to help keep you engaging and wanting to learn a new language.
- videos from native speakers
- translate object names with camera
- gamified language tests
- immersive learning experience
Lirica takes a completely new approach to learning languages. Lirica delivers rapid-fire exercises based on memorable hit songs help you learn a new language. It only includes Spanish, German, and English though. This method of learning has been shown to be effective in comprehension and memorization.
- choose your favorite songs
- learn key vocabulary and grammar
- help you understand the culture
- tracks learning progress
A seven day free trial is offered.
iTalki takes a different approach to learning languages. It provides a great platform for 1-on-1 tutoring.
You can get tutors for all of your needs including business, exam preparation, and conversation practice. If you are interested in teaching on the platform, you can set your own rates and prices for each session.
- free language assessment
- large number of teachers available
- low cost
- find lessons for over 150 languages
Tutoring sessions average around $10.
Lingoda helps recreate the classroom experience. The platform allows you to join groups of five or fewer students to learn a new language. All of the classes are given on Zoom.
The curriculums for each class are based on Cambridge and Oxford experts. You’ll find classes for beginner, intermediate, and advanced.
- classes available 24/7
- 1-on-1 or group classes
- 60 minute lessons
- expert curriculum
Fluenz is best suited for beginners. You’ll be taught how to speak, hear, and write in six different languages.
Unlike Rosetta Stone, Fluenz gives an in-depth break down of grammar and the meaning of words. The main learning tool is through videos of an instructor and exercises after each video.
- In-depth core content
- audio materials, flashcards, & community included
- high-quality video tutors
- well-designed app
Fluenz offers a one-time payment for a lifelong access.
Busuu offers bite-sized lessons so you can study at your own pace. You’ll only see exercises at the right level for you and can achieve certificates when you pass each level. Featured are AI-powered review sessions that are immersive.
- native speakers in videos
- great grammar explanations
- live lessons available
- feedback from native speakers
Busuu has a free version available and a fourteen day money back guarantee.
If you are interested in learning a new language, then you’ll want to take advantage of the offer below.
Gain Access to High-Quality Creative Assets (With Unlimited Use)
If you’re looking to improve learn new languages to become a more valuable asset to your business, then you’ll probably be looking for other assets for the projects you’re working on. Using professional assets in your projects is a must if you’re trying to save time and deliver a high-quality product. Envato Elements has just what you need to supercharge your next project and save you time.
Envato Elements is the best place on the web for tools of all types. For a low monthly fee, you get unlimited downloads of PowerPoint templates, photos, fonts, videos, and much more. All these resources can be used in your next project.
Explore Creative Assets Now
Elements is one of the best values out there for business professionals today. With the unlimited downloads, you’ll be able to try out all types of options in your upcoming projects.
Here’s how you benefit from using Envato Elements:
- save money by not having to hire professional graphic designers
- save time by starting with an already professional design
- generate new ideas with all the fresh creative assets
- focus on other parts of your creative project
Learn a New Language Today!
There are tons of language learning apps that can help you quickly learn a new language in 2023. Many of these apps use tried and tested learning techniques to help make learning fun and effective.
When choosing a learning language software package, you want to make sure it has real time reports, speech recognition, and uses learning techniques you enjoy. The learning language software tools in this article are sure to have an app that you’ll love to use.
There are so many benefits of learning a new language including advancing your career, connecting with new people, and improving your cognitive function.
What are you waiting for! Start learning a new language right now!
Leave a Comment